Professor Chen supervises master/PhD/PostDoc students, and teaches undergraduate/graduate/public courses.
- MATH 3171 Linear Optimization
- MATH 3172 Combinatoric Optimization
- MATH 4171 Nonlinear Optimization
- MATH 4172 Operations Research Models
- MATH 6902 Stochastic Programming
- MATH 6904 Modern Optimization
CORS Diploma is mandated by http://www.cors.ca. As the Faculty Liaison for the CORS Diploma, I screen diploma requests and selectively recommend them to CORS organization if a student have taken the required courses as listed in CORS course requirements.
In general, students don't need to let me know ahead of time nor need my permission to take these courses. But for the required OMIS/MGTS courses, students do need to register them by filling in this OMIS Course Registration Form, and send it to the email address indicated within the form.
After you have taken all required courses, you may send your request, along with your transcript in a PDF file, to my email.
- Optimization models in finance, education, and scheduling
- Optimization techniques for deep learning
- Introduction to optimization modeling languages and solvers
- Introduction to artificial intelligence
- Introduction to deep learning
- Introduction to data science
- Introduction to Python